QQ: How do Live Real Farms Energy Drinks help to promote energy vs. other energy drinks?
A: Live Real Farms Energy Drinks are not like the energy drinks or shots most Americans are familiar with that contain high levels of added sugar and caffeine to promote energy. Live Real Farms Energy Drinks combine carbohydrates from fruit juice along with Vitamin B12 and green tea to deliver nourishing energy.
RDN: "Live Real Farms Energy Drinks provide energy from smart nutrition in three ways."
- Carbohydrates from fruit juice as opposed to added sugar. Carbs are your body's main energy source and help fuel your brain.
- Vitamin B12 helps to convert carbohydrates into glucose for your body to use as an energy source.
- Green tea with 3.22mg of caffeine while the amino acid L-theanine is known to promote focus.
1) Carbohydrates: Mayo Clinic report: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/how-to-eat-healthy/art-20046590 Carbohydrates are your body's main energy source. And carbohydrates fuel your brain. Carbohydrates occur in a variety of forms: simple sugars, more complex starches and fiber. They are found naturally in legumes, grains, vegetables, fruits and milk. Mayo Clinic Recommends: Emphasize natural, nutrient-dense carbohydrates from fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains. Get 45 to 65 percent of your daily calories from carbohydrates. Carbohydrates have 4 calories a gram. Based on a 2,000-calorie-a-day diet, this amounts to 900 to 1,300 calories a day, or about 225 to 325 grams.
2) NCBI L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18296328
3) L-theanine research: Subhuti Dharmananda, Ph.D., Director, Institute for Traditional Medicine, Portland, Oregon http://www.itmonline.org/arts/theanine.htm
4) Cleveland Clinic: Green tea: http://www.clevelandclinicwellness.com/Features/Pages/l-theanine-pro-con.aspx#
Q: Do Live Real Farms Energy Drinks help lower hunger between meals?A: Yes. Live Real Farms Energy Drinks are made from dairy protein. Dairy protein takes longer for the body to break down than carbohydrates resulting in feelings of satiation or fullness.
RDN: “An 11-oz. serving of Live Real Farms Energy Drink contains 12 grams of protein providing a valid nutritional option for a late morning or afternoon snack or even a great meal replacement (for breakfast or lunch) when you’re on the go.”Source:
1) Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/whey-protein/evidence/hrb-20060532 According to the Mayo Clinic, most studies suggest that whey / dairy protein increases feelings of fullness and reduces food intake.
2) Several studies have shown that high protein meals and foods are more satiating than high carbohydrate or high fat meals when assessed by subjective ratings of satiety. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18296329
3) A 2005 study in "The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" showed that a high protein diet increased satiety and decreased appetite and calorie intake. http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/82/1/41.abstract
Q: How do the carbohydrates in Live Real Farms Energy Drink convert to energy?A: The body breaks down carbohydrates, with the aid of Vitamin B12, to become glucose that your body uses for energy.
RDN: “Our bodies use carbohydrates as its main fuel source for energy. Unlike beverages made with added sugar, Live Real Farms Energy Drinks provide carbohydrates from fruit juices, which is a better and more natural alternative.”Source:
1) Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/carbohydrates/art-20045705?pg=2
Sugars and starches are broken down into simple sugars during digestion. They're then absorbed into your bloodstream, where they're known as blood sugar (blood glucose). From there, the glucose enters your body's cells with the help of insulin. Glucose is used by your body for energy to fuel all of your activities.
Q: How does the Vitamin B12 in Live Real Farms Energy Drink help to promote energy?
A: Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient that helps your body convert the food you eat into glucose, which is what gives you energy.
RDN: “All B vitamins play a role in converting your food into energy that the body can use. Therefore, making sure you get your recommended daily amount, like in a Live Real Farms Energy Drink, will ensure your body has a reliable source of energy to call upon.”
1) National Institutes of Health - Vitamin B12: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-Consumer/
* Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that helps keep the body’s nerve and blood cells healthy and helps make DNA, the genetic materials in all cells. Vitamin B12 also helps prevent a type of anemia called megaloblastic anemia that makes people tired and weak.
Q: Why are Live Real Farms Energy Drinks lactose-free and gluten-free?
A: Americans are more aware than ever of celiac disease and the negative physical reactions caused by gluten as well as the food sensitivity issues for people who are lactose intolerant.
RDN: “Live Real Farms Energy Drinks contain no lactose and no gluten ensuring all Americans can enjoy the benefits of energy and nutrition.”
1) Harvard Gluten: http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/going-gluten-free-just-because-heres-what-you-need-to-know-201302205916
Lactose intolerance is a common problem. It happens when your body does not have enough lactase, which is an enzyme produced in the small intestine. Lactase is necessary to digest lactose—the natural sugar found in milk and other dairy products. In the intestines, undigested lactose leads to the buildup of gas. Within 30 minutes to 2 hours after eating dairy products containing lactose, people with lactose intolerance start to develop stomach cramps and diarrhea. These two symptoms must be present for a person to be diagnosed with lactose intolerance.
Q: What are the benefits of the 12 grams of protein in Live Real Farms Energy Drink?
A: The Mayo Clinic reports "Protein is an important nutrient, essential for growth and an important source of calories and energy." (1)
• The USDA guideline for women is 46 grams daily; men need 56 grams of protein daily*
RDN: "Live Real Farms Energy Drinks provide almost a quarter of the USDA recommended daily requirement for protein with 12 grams of protein per one 180-calorie serving. You need to eat at least two eggs to get the same amount of protein."
* Based on a 2,000-calorie-a-day diet.Source:
1) Mayo Clinic – Protein: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/how-to-eat-healthy/art-20046590
2) USDA Protein allowance: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/usda-protein-requirements-grams-8619.html
Q: What is the benefit of the dairy protein in a Live Real Farms Energy Drink vs. soy protein?
A: Dairy products provide a complete protein source containing all nine essential amino acids to support human dietary needs. The human body cannot manufacture these nine amino acids by itself. * Conversely, soy protein contains only eight of the nine essential amino acids.
RDN: "Live Real Farms Energy Drinks provide all nine essential amino acids within 12 nourishing grams of protein."
*Amino acids are the building blocks of life as they join together in the body to make protein. There are 20 different amino acids your body needs, but only nine are considered essential amino acids that you must get from the food you eat since your body cannot make them.Source:
1) FDA Protein Reco: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/fda-daily-recommendations-protein-10249.html
2) Harvard on Protein: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/protein/
3) NIH Gov. Soy Protein: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11312815
4) Cleveland Clinic Amino Acids - http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2014/01/7-tips-to-power-up-with-protein/
Q: Why are Live Real Farms Energy Drinks a good alternative to other caffeinated beverages?
A: Caffeine is used by millions of people every day to increase wakefulness and alleviate fatigue. However, caffeinated beverages such as soda, coffee, energy drinks and shots have not addressed nutrition as a foundation for energy turning to added sugar and high caffeine levels instead.
RDN: “Live Real Farms Energy Drinks address this gap providing a balance of energy producing carbohydrates from fruit juice, vitamin B12 and green tea with 12 grams of protein per 11-oz. serving for energy the body can rely on.”Source:
Mayo Clinic. Caffeine: How much is too much? http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20045678
Q: How does Live Real Farms Energy Drink sugar content compare to other beverage alternatives?
A: A single 11-oz. serving of Live Real Farms Energy Drink has sugar from fruit juice. While the USDA offers no separate recommendation for sugar, here are a few comparisons.
Added Sugar Drinks - MG of Sugar Comparison*
A single 12-ounce can of soda with added sugar has 40 grams of sugar and a typical single 8-oz. can of carbonated energy drink has 27 grams of added sugar.
Naturally Occurring Sugar Drinks - MG of Sugar Comparison*
A single 8-ounce bottle of apple juice with no added sugar has 26 grams of Sugar and a single 8-oz. bottle of orange juice with no added sugar has 24 grams of added sugar.
RDN: "Live Real Farms Energy Drink has no added sugar and a conservative sugar level when compared to other beverage choices. Many contain almost double the sugar per 11-oz. serving."
* There are two types of sugars in American diets: naturally occurring sugars and added sugars.Sources:
Q: Can Live Real Farms Energy Drink help boost my concentration level?
A: According to Lona Sandon, RD, MEd, and spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association "The combination of naturally occurring carbohydrates from fruit juice and protein can help boost concentration levels." *
RDN: "Live Real Farms Energy Drinks provide a healthy blend of dairy protein and carbohydrates from fruit to nourish the brain and body."
* Sandon states "The brain and muscles function best with carbohydrates to fuel them. And we know from other research that adding some protein to the carbs seems to boost concentration levels as well. You feel better, mentally and physically, when you've had a meal that combines carbs and protein."Source:
1) Quote from Lona Sandon, RD, MEd, a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association and an assistant professor of nutrition at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical
Q: What are the benefits of green tea in the Live Real Farms Energy Drink?
A: Green tea is known to promote energy, well-being and enhance focus.
RDN: “Everyone benefits from the antioxidants, amino acids and low caffeine levels found in the green tea extract in Live Real Farms Energy Drinks.”